October 4, 2008

Road Trips, Kenny Wayne and Chile Rellenos

I am writing this from a lovely hotel room in El Dorado, Arkansas. I know that sounds like an oxy-moron to all of you that have actually been to El Dorado, AR. But it is a very nice room at the Hampton Inn. I am sitting here at my laptop trying to get some work done while Jeff is looking for an antique shop. At breakfast this morning we read the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, ok it is official we are in Hicksville, USA. I have come to a couple of realizations in the past 24 hours:
1) I do not particularly care for road trips anymore. Jeff and I have decided that if we are going to travel 5 hours we want to be in Northern California or Southern Florida.

2) You should never... let me make that perfectly clear. NEVER. Eat a Chile Rellenos in any state other than Texas or possibly New Mexico. Hence the name Tex-Mex. It should be illegal to even have them on the menu. For some unknown reason I had one in North Texas and one in Arkansas yesterday. And neither one was any good. So let me restate that, Never eat one North of Denton! Period. ~ Disclaimer. I feel that I am a chile rellenos authority, I am only telling you this because I have your best interest at heart. So when in doubt of your geographical location, just don't do it. :)

3) I think everyone smokes in Arkansas.

4) Kenny Wayne Shepard puts on a fabulous show and he alone was worth the drive. We knew that before we came and that is why we suffered through the rest. God Bless Kenny Wayne Shepard!

That's all for now. I have work to do. I do have a few other revelations to share with you, so maybe later.

Bye from Arkansas!
Julie

ps - I am writing this one handed because my right arm is now in a sling. Ouch!

No comments: