October 21, 2008

Gone Too Soon...Why?

Last night, my nephew left this world and went to heaven. That sounds so crazy to say. It reminds me of that Kenny Chesney song, Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to go now.

I remember when Michael was born, we called him our little Spook because he was born the day before Halloween. Jill couldn't say Michael and she called him "Guy kul". I also remember how incredibly proud my brother was of his first born child. Michael was the cutest little boy, even won some kind of contest for being so darn cute.

Last night, the question on every one's lips whether voiced or not was, why? His mother even said to me, why? I know that she didn't expect me to have the answer, it's just what people say when things like this happen. All I could think to say was, I don't know why God would ask this of you. But I know that because He has, He will give you the strength to get through it. It sounds so simple to say and I almost felt like I needed to apologize for giving her such a 'kindergarten type' of answer. But, that's all I know for sure. When tragedy strikes, sometimes only God in His infinite wisdom knows the 'why'. And I am reminded that God is not the author of our pain, He doesn't plan our hurt, but sometimes He allows it. Why? To bring us closer to Him. Plain and simple.

My pastor has this saying, when tragedy comes, it will do one of two things. It will either make you bitter, or it will make you better. Today, Michael is rejoicing with the angels. So our job is to celebrate his life, honor his memory and glorify his God. Because through Him our reunion is possible and guaranteed.

I would covet your prayers for Michael's parents, his brother, his wife and daughter and countless friends and family who are grieving his passing.
Michael Williams
October 30, 1984 - October 20, 2008

Do Horses Go to Heaven? more about Michael's passing.

1 comment:

BottledBeauty said...

We will miss him. I regret not getting to know him and his daughter better. All we can do is pray.