August 26, 2008

Last First Day...


Yesterday was JB's first day of her senior year. As we were driving to school she made the comment that this was her LAST first day of school. Wow! I guess it is. I hadn't thought of it that way before. Then it hit me, I have been driving children (my children) to school for 20 years straight. That makes me.... ancient. Well not really, but it makes me feel old. I started thinking about when JB was little. Since the distance between JM and JB is 3 school years. I had a lot of time alone with JB. It was just the two of us. She was my little sidekick, my partner in crime, my alter ego. She was always my girl.

I remember when I was pregnant with her and people would ask why I was having another baby? (Sometimes people can be so rude.) I would jokingly say that I wanted one of my own, one that preferred me over JP. They always loved JP and still do, but JB is my girl. Finally, I got one! Probably only because everyone else was at school, and I was her only choice. Oh well, I still got her... even if it was by default.

Good luck with your senior year 'SweetPea', you have a wonderful future ahead. I can't wait to see all the things you'll accomplish. XOXO Mom

No comments: