August 7, 2008

Blogging... cheaper than therapy?


This is a copy of the email that I sent to my friend Shan yesterday.

Dear Shan:
Ok, I have been keeping a secret. I have a blog. A stupid blog. JL begged me to do it and so now I have one. I have no clue what I should write about, as I myself am boring. But, here it is... my blog. I am certain that I will live to regret it. :) I feel like an idiot, but I have a blog. Like anyone cares to read about me or what I think. I have a dumb blog.
XOXO
J


As you can see, I signed it with hugs and kisses as I was subconsciously trying to convince her not to ridicule me. And being the good friend that she is, she didn't. Thanks Shan. If you write a dumb blog I will encourage you too. That is what friends are for, besides misery loves company. I think I need some company in the dumb blog department. So come on over. I am certain this blog thing is going to be cheaper than therapy, so I am giving it a try.

ps - I also think blogs are a lot like chia pets, everybody secretly has one.

No comments: