July 6, 2010

"You must really like that grandbaby"


I do, I do!

Recently at my class reunion, a classmate said that to me. She was referring to my facebook wall where I post quite a few of Violet's pictures and escapades.  It kind of bothered me.  I mean, of course I really like her.  I adore her.  In fact, Jeff and I are madly in love with her.  Aren't we suppose to be?  I mean we are her grandparents. At the time I wish I had some witty come-back to throw at her, but I didn't.  I just said "of course I do."

Later, I thought about what she had said to me and then I considered her facebook wall.  It has pictures of her dog all over it.  Her dog on the bed, her dog in a dress, her dog in the yard, you get the picture. It's a very nice dog, but it's a dog. It's not like she doesn't have children, because she does.  And it's not like I don't love Mr. Colby, because I do, but he's a dog.

I know, I know.... what if she sees this?  I am not too worried about that.  Because anyone that thinks their dog is better than my grandgirl doesn't care about what I think or even read my silly, little blog.


Violet's Gigi...
julie sig 

No comments: