October 27, 2009

100% American, or pretty darn close


This is my dad, Frank Lawrence Thomas, wasn't he handsome? He looks a lot like my little brother, Jim.

I am a genealogy buff, like my dad. But, I am not very good at it. My cousin is much better than I am. I wish I had more time to spend on it but I haven't lately, but he has been busy. Just a little trivia I would like to share with you in memory of my dad.

Here you go Daddy, you were right.... as close to 100% American as you can get.


My lineage on my father's side. American born since 1611!

John Thomas, 1611, born Queens Creek, York County, VA
John Thomas, (year uncertain)
William Thomas, 1660
John Thomas, 1710
Owen Thomas, 1740
Jonathon Thomas, 1762
William Thomas, 1790
William Thomas, 1810
Asbury Thomas, 1833
Joseph Thomas, 1862
Frank Thomas, 1886
Frank Thomas, 1925 (my dad)
Julie, 1962 (me)



My grandparents,
sitting, Frank Thomas, Sr.
standing, Dealvia Thomas
circa 1925


ps - Violet is the 15th generation American born!

2 comments:

Cara said...

I LOVE geneaology too! Do you have an ancestory.com account? I did for awhile and found some pretty interesting articles and old pics of my Great Grandfather! Let us know what else you find!!

Julie said...

I do... and I will!