December 28, 2008

Getting a tattoo?

Since my 40th birthday I have said that I want to get a tattoo. Ok, I am a little past 40 and I am still thinking I want a tattoo. Just one. I want it to really mean something to me. I want it to remind me of the people I love when I look at it. When I first found out that I was going to be a ...grandmother, I wasn't sure if I liked the idea. I mean, I'm still pretty young. Right? Then once she got here, bam I was in love. Now, I happily long for my life a few years from now when I get a whole house full of those little darlings. Any how, I thought maybe I would get a small violet flower tattoo, you know marking my entry into grandparenthood. Well, that did not fly around here. The girls kept saying that unless I planned on getting a tattoo for every grandchild, I could not do it. You see, we do not allow favortism regarding grandchildren in this family. It is a bigger taboo than a tattoo! In fact it would warrant, stoning. So, since then I have still been trying to decide on a tattoo. I think I have finally chosen. Since Jaley was born, I started signing Christmas cards, gifts, etc with this mark. J6. Representing all of us. Well, that is going to be my one and only tattoo. Jordan came up with a whole slew of ideas for me. Now, I think I have chosen one, but I don't know where to put it. I vote for my shoulder, but the girls say my foot. Mmmm.

Several of the girls are saying that they want to get their own version of J6 tattooed on them too. I know it sounds kinda crazy, doesn't it? I didn't know I was such a rebel. Well, on second thought, maybe I did.

No comments: